Farm, Nature, & Artisan Tour in Yellow Point/Cedar
Join us on this 3.5 hour tour where you get a taste of what this picturesque area has to offer. With numerous attractions along the route, there is sure to be something for everyone to enjoy.
About This Tour
Join us on this 3.5-hour tour where you get a taste of what this picturesque Yellow Point/Cedar area has to offer. With numerous attractions along the route, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
In Spring/Summer months, we include a nature walk at a seaside park, where we wander through a second-growth forest path to gorgeous sandstone ledges and beach at Roberts Memorial Provincial Park, identifying local flora and fauna.
Guests are encouraged to bring a reusable water bottle along for the tour.
During the Christmas season, visiting the numerous artisans along the route is a beloved pastime for many locals. In particular from November thru December, when people are looking to check items off of their Christmas list, support local vendors, and enjoy a glass of warm cider (or wine!).
While the itinerary will be set for calendar events, this tour can be easily tailored for private tours.
Some stops on the route include:
- A short and informative talk and tasting at the scenic Yellow Point Cranberry Farm with a chance to peruse their cozy gift shop
- A peaceful rain forest walk (rain or shine!)*
- In addition to the cranberry farm, we will pay a visit to a local artisan (artisans visited based on availability)
- A short drive through the scenic and historic seaside neighborhood of Cedar-by-the-Sea, site of the infamous 1920s Brother XII Cult
- A lunch stop can be included on private tours (cost of lunch is NOT included in cost)
*Note: the Roberts Memorial walk is 0.5 km in and then back on a fairly-groomed trail, but does have tree roots to watch out for which can be a tripping hazard or slippery if raining. Please dress accordingly for weather!
- Standard ticket
Above rates are per person. Rates do not include 5% GST. All pricing listed in Canadian dollars (CAD).
Payment & Policies
- 50% deposit is due at time of booking. Full payment is due within 48 hours of departure. If booked with less than 48 hours notice, full payment is due at time of booking.
- Making a payment
- Once your booking has been confirmed we will provide you with a link to our secure online payment gateway. Payment can be made via credit card, Paypal, or e-Transfer.
- Refunds & cancellations
- Full refunds will be provided up to 48 hours prior to departure if given notice of cancellation (excluding 4% fee if booked by credit card). No refunds given within 48 hours of tour. Note: If extenuating circumstances force a cancellation of any tour by Detours, there will be a full refund.
Tour Group Size
- Min. # of guests
- 6 guestsTo schedule this tour, we require at least 6 guests. Don’t worry if your party is less than this number: we may have other guests lined up, and we will do our best to make sure your tour goes ahead.
- Max. # of guests
- 10 guestsIn order to provide the best experience, we do not allow more than 10 guests for this tour.
- Prefer a different date? No problem! Just let us know when you’d like to depart and we will see what we can do.
- Tour Duration
- 3.5 hours (approximate)
- Activity Level
- Low/medium (note: the Roberts Memorial walk is 0.5 km in and then back on a fairly-groomed trail, but does have tree roots to watch out for which can be a tripping hazard or slippery if raining)
- Group Size
- Minimum: 6; maximum 10
Notes & Fine Print
Please check out our calendar for upcoming dates and pick-up/drop-off points. For private tours, please call and let us what you are interested in – we can tailor to personal tastes. Tour timing approximate.
Your Tour Your Way
Do you have a special request? Just let us know!We are happy to work with you to make sure your tour is just right. All you have to do is request a reservation and make sure to include the unique needs of your group.
Inclusions & Exclusions
Included in this tour
- Pick-up/drop-off in the Nanaimo area
- All tours/tastings
- Transportation in a clean, comfortable 15-passenger Ford Transit
Not included in this tour
- Purchases made at vendors
- Cost of meals
Have a question?
Request a Reservation
Choose a date to request a reservation for the Farm, Nature, & Artisan Tour in Yellow Point/Cedar. We’ll gather a few quick details from you at the next step.