Cowichan Valley Wine Tour
Ortega. Marechal Foch. Pinot Noir. Riesling. These are just some of the spectacular varietals offered in one of British Columbia’s warmest and most scenic landscapes, the Cowichan Valley.
About This Tour
The idyllic Cowichan Valley region boasts numerous wineries and tasting rooms, all of which are nestled among the farms of the Valley.
Your leisurely day begins with a pick-up at 10am and continues an easy 45 minutes south until we reach our first tasting. We cater to low-key tours, which integrate sipping and savouring with wine education (often by the vintners themselves!).
And don’t worry, we know that feeding our guests on a wine tour is important. Each tour includes a light lunch provided by your guide. On our way home, we take a scenic detour off the highway to explore the serene roads that weave throughout the Cowichan countryside.
Guests are encouraged to bring along a reusable water bottle along for this tour.
Finally, guests arrive back at their pick-up spot – safe, happy, wined and dined.
- Adult (19+)
Above rates are per person. Rates do not include 5% GST. All pricing listed in Canadian dollars (CAD).
Payment & Policies
- 50% deposit is due at time of booking. Full payment is due within 48 hours of departure. If booked with less than 48 hours notice, full payment is due at time of booking.
- Making a payment
- Once your booking has been confirmed we will provide you with a link to our secure online payment gateway. Payment can be made via credit card, Paypal, or e-Transfer.
- Refunds & cancellations
- Full refunds will be provided up to 48 hours prior to departure if given notice of cancellation (excluding 4% fee if booked by credit card). No refunds given within 48 hours of tour. Note: If extenuating circumstances force a cancellation of any tour by Detours, there will be a full refund.
Tour Group Size
- Min. # of guests
- 4 guestsTo schedule this tour, we require at least 4 guests. Don’t worry if your party is less than this number: we may have other guests lined up, and we will do our best to make sure your tour goes ahead.
- Max. # of guests
- 14 guests
- This tour does not currently have any pre-scheduled dates, but can still be booked by private groups. Tap the button to request a custom date, or just phone 250-619-3734.
- Request your date
- Tour Duration
- 7 hours
- Pick-up Location
- To be determined (see below)
- Drop-off Location
- To be determined (see below)
- Activity Level
- Very easy activity
- Group Size
- Minimum of 4 guests, maximum of 14 guests
- Clean, safety-inspected 14 passenger Ford Transit (with A/C)
- Included Meals
- Light lunch provided by guide (guests are encouraged to bring along a reusable water bottle)
- Guests must be 19+ years old
Notes & Fine Print
- Specific pick-up and drop-off spots will be pre-determined for advertised calendar dates
- Pick-up and drop-off spots are flexible for private tours
- Contact us to inquire for details
Your Tour Your Way
Do you have a special request? Just let us know!We are happy to work with you to make sure your tour is just right. All you have to do is request a reservation and make sure to include the unique needs of your group.
Inclusions & Exclusions
Included in this tour
- Wine tasting fees
- Light lunch provided by your guide
- A tour at one of the wineries
Not included in this tour
- Additional purchases of wine, food, etc.
- 5% GST
Have a question?
Request a Reservation
This tour does not currently have any pre-scheduled dates, but can still be booked by private groups. Let us know your preferred date, or phone 250-619-3734 for details.