A seasonal, full-day tour that marries the wild nature and history of the Pacific Marine Circle Route on beautiful Vancouver Island, with a mouth-watering culinary visit to the rustic and delicious “Stoked Wood Fired Pizzeria and Market” in Shirley, BC.
About This Tour
A true West Coast experience! Join us for this seasonal, full-day tour that marries the wild nature and history of the Pacific Marine Circle Route on beautiful Vancouver Island, with a mouth-watering culinary visit to the rustic and delicious Stoked Wood Fired Pizzeria and Market in Shirley, BC.
We start bright and early in the beautiful city of Nanaimo and travel south, following the famous Pacific Marine Circle Route (Hwy 14), taking us through the celebrated wilderness of the southwest coast of the Island. After a quick coffee stop and leg stretch an hour south of our departure in the charming lakeside community of Lake Cowichan, we continue on to our next stop: the easily accessible, and highly photographed, Harris Creek Sitka Spruce. Over 80 metres in height, this mossy beauty was luckily (for it and us) spared the axe when the area was logged in the late 1800s.
After a quick photo stop, we continue a half-hour down the road to Pacheedaht Beach, located across from the quintessential, laid-back, West Coast community of Port Renfrew. Here, we fully embrace the true beauty of the coast, taking some free time to walk the expansive, driftwood strewn beach.
We continue to meander down the highway towards our lunch destination, keeping our eyes peeled for the working boats at Jordan River and, depending on the season, catching an up-close-and-personal view of the local surfer crowd riding the waves.
We arrive hungry and ready for our reserved lunch at the pizzeria, where it’s a family affair with proprietors, Jim, Meagan, and Oliver, serving up delicious and authentic Italian/New York-style pizza.
Guide’s note: the Funghi pizza is a personal favourite!
Afterwards, we head west and then north over the Malahat Pass, stopping at the summit lookout, which, on a clear day, allows one to gaze over the stunning vista of the Saanich Peninsula to the Olympic Mountain Range in Washington State.
A stop at a local farm market in the Cowichan to stock up on local goodies or peruse the garden centre, and we are on the last home stretch.
- Adult (19+)
Above rates are per person. Rates do not include 5% GST. All pricing listed in Canadian dollars (CAD).
Payment & Policies
- 50% deposit is due at time of booking. Full payment is due within 48 hours of departure. If booked with less than 48 hours notice, full payment is due at time of booking.
- Making a payment
- Once your booking has been confirmed we will provide you with a link to our secure online payment gateway. Payment can be made via credit card, Paypal, or e-Transfer.
- Refunds & cancellations
- Full refunds will be provided up to 48 hours prior to departure if given notice of cancellation (excluding 4% fee if booked by credit card). No refunds given within 48 hours of tour. Note: If extenuating circumstances force a cancellation of any tour by Detours, there will be a full refund.
Tour Group Size
- Min. # of guests
- 6 guestsTo schedule this tour, we require at least 6 guests. Don’t worry if your party is less than this number: we may have other guests lined up, and we will do our best to make sure your tour goes ahead.
- Max. # of guests
- 10 guestsIn order to provide the best experience, we do not allow more than 10 guests for this tour.
- This tour does not currently have any pre-scheduled dates, but can still be booked by private groups. Tap the button to request a custom date, or just phone 250-619-3734.
- Request your date
- Tour Duration
- 8 hours total travel time
- Pick-up Location
- Nanaimo, BC
- Drop-off Location
- Nanaimo, BC
- Activity Level
- Easy activity
- Group Size
- Minimum of 6 guests, maximum of 10 guests
- Clean, safety-inspected 14 passenger Ford Transit (with A/C)
- Included Meals
- Lunch at the Stoked Wood Fired Pizzeria, plus one of any local wine/beer/cider
- Tour Availability
- Available from May 1st - Dec 1st (Winter trips are dependent on road conditions)
Notes & Fine Print
- Specific pick-up and drop-off spots will be pre-determined for advertised calendar dates
- Pick-up and drop-off spots are flexible for private tours
- An artisan’s component can be included for private tours
- Contact us to inquire for details
Your Tour Your Way
Do you have a special request? Just let us know!We are happy to work with you to make sure your tour is just right. All you have to do is request a reservation and make sure to include the unique needs of your group.
Inclusions & Exclusions
Included in this tour
- Transportation in clean, safety-inspected 14 passenger Ford Transit
- Lunch at the Stoked Wood Fired Pizzeria (wash it down with one of any local wine/beer/cider – great selection!)
Not included in this tour
- Additional purchases of alcohol, food, etc.
- 5% GST
Have a question?
Request a Reservation
This tour does not currently have any pre-scheduled dates, but can still be booked by private groups. Let us know your preferred date, or phone 250-619-3734 for details.